Thursday, January 19, 2006

First Ride on the new bike (out of order, BTW)

I wanted to get some photos of my first ride on this bike, just for posterity.

I went for a long route, up some hidden singletrack that I scoped out in the summer.



Once at the top, this trail would drop me down into a new neighborhood of multi-million dollar homes which abuts the trailhead at Devil's Backbone. This phots didn't turn out so good, but in the background I could see Pike's Peak, over 150 miles away.



On the way up, I got some photos for the buds on MTBR:



Finally, at the trail entrance:



This is the nicest trail sign I've ever seen. Mostly, they're just some enviro-type wood carving or something. But I think because of the expensive homes in the subdivision adjacent to this park, they got this spiffy sign. Who knows. At least they don't charge us to ride there.

The ride went well. I think I mostly just wanted to snap some shots of the bike and the trail. More detail is in my Ride Report blog of a secondary ride.





Someday (2006), this trail will extend out there, as far as the eye can see, joining another trail system in Ft. Collins. One will be able to ride from Loveland to Ft. Collins all offroad. Plans for the future include trail from Wyoming to New Mexico - whoa!

No comments:

Popular Posts