Thursday, November 05, 2015

What a difference a year makes!

It was high time to leave Michigan and get back out to the Rocky Mountain West.  At the time, I didn't really know how that was going to happen.  But like with anything, when you focus on a dream or a goal, a deep desire, the World opens up and makes a clear path for you to follow. 

My biggest initial apprehension about moving was simply being alone along the path.  But at one point I knew that the only way I would get to do what I dreamed of doing was to go it alone.  No one I knew was in a position to come with me, nor did any of them really want to leave.  Complacency has a momentum all its own, like the grooves of a vinyl record that can be hard to escape.  But I'm glad to be gone.  It was easy to fall into old habits.  It was easy to find a partner to share the misery of the place.  But now I see how that was happening all around me and I wonder, "why the fuck would I do that?!"  Copious days in the woods and a centering back to myself helped me break out of that paradigm.  I am so much better for it.  No more sadness.  No more longing for something better.  No more shoveling snow (not yet anyway!).   I was able to leave everything behind me, the past seems to hardly exist anymore.  I live in the NOW and watch the future unfold without too much deep expectations of its outcome.  Because, honestly, it always seems to unfold perfectly.  Learning to allow and accept was a huge victory for me.

To see where I've gone, some of the adventures I've had, you can link to my Instagram page here:

https://instagram.com/chadguyer/

The Earth is healing.  Ultimately,  I feel we are constructs of the planet itself and that through its elements, we get regeneration, recalibration, synchronization to the Home frequencies that instill well-being and happiness.  I think, too, that each individual has their preference for the Element they enjoy the most.  Mine happens to be sky (air) and rocks (earth).  Oddly, though I'm considered a Water sign (Cancer), I don't really relate as quickly to the sea (6 years in the Navy beg to differ).  Maybe I just don't seem to choose it now.  I guess my Aquarius ascendant is pulling rank these days (as it should).   Most human spaces are just ugly, un-energetic.  Gone is the glory of the architecture and building seen in Gothic Europe.  We build cheap shelter from the very healing elements of this place - the Sun, the Wind.  We treat the materials, rock and wood, with harsh chemicals that pollute our spaces, our bodies.  It has been a healing experience for me to come to the desert, the mountains and all the spaces in between.

Since Instagram is a better medium for pictures, I will continue to post them there and not here.  If you hate reading and just like photos (picture books), just follow me there.

No comments:

Popular Posts